Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hyperlinking

Let's start with a hyperlink: Melissa's little secret Yeah you wanna click on it don't you!  Go ahead...

...so there it is.  Yes, I am a Lakers Fan.  And yes, it's one of the topics I am considering for the final project.  This is also the site I decided to write about.  This site is chalk full of hyperlinks and it makes the site quite interactive.  Through this site, you can go to pages that tell you about the Lakers schedule, their stats, different multimedia objects that have been archived there.  You can click on various links that show you different articles out there in various forums.  It will also take you to sites where you can buy paraphernalia (of course) and places where you can buy tickets to the games.  And if the links on the top of the page are not enough, they are all repeated on the bottom of the page as well.  Oh but this is not all, there are links to twitter pages and advertisements or basketball related sites that are things that you are interested in and motivate you to click.

Honestly, this site would not be worth anything if it did not have hyperlinks.  When I go on this page (which I do often) I'm mainly there to read various articles that are linked.  Well, reading about the big move of Steve Nash makes me really excited to see it.  Well I'm already there, lets look up the schedule and see when they start playing.  Oh look, they are playing the Jazz on November 7th in Salt Lake City!  Ok, I should probably buy tickets.  Good thing I have this handy dandy link at the top of the page!  Click!  Ok tickets bought, now what to wear...Ah, I will just need to go to the store now and get the latest garb so that I can show my support for my team.  Ah, wow, so much I was able to do!  These links really make this page what I need.  They give you all the information that one would need who were interested in the topic.  I appreciate very much that I am able to make the most of my experience while visiting the site.

The layout of the website has links at every point.  There are the most important links at the top of the page.  Then, throughout there are pictures that make the information even more appealing.  They use headlines and different colors.  There are specific sections for specific information and the reality is, this is basically a hub for anything Lakers you would want to know.  Of course, if you went to the page, you obviously have interest in basketball and the different things it entails so the site prompts you to move around by simply having the information available.

1 comment:

  1. So I figured when they meant hyperlinking, it was only to other completely different web sites. The way you said it makes more sense. I've just always saw the entire site as one big whole, not little bits linking to other bits. That makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete