Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Lakers Pages

There's a lot of information that could be contained on this page.  So I will do my best to categorize strategically so that all the essential information is there.

I've decided to split it into the following categories:
Intro- You know what that is!

History:  This page will just give a brief history of the team that will include great coaches, players, seasons, and information about past playoff wins.

Video, Photos & Memes: Continuing on with the New Media ideas from Manovich, this page will bring together some of the videos, photos and memes that are popular about the Lakers as well as incorporate some of the fan art that has been on the website already.   This will be a great way to show about 

Archives:  What do real fans actually want when it comes to their favorite sports team?  They want to hear about how they are doing, what people have to say about them, news and info about key games, projections, and all that jazz.  On the Archive page I plan to provide a link center that can direct to different articles in their various forms that discuss all you need to know about the Lakers.

Store: Finally, to make the site more interactive, I plan to have a page that provides options to buying paraphernalia, tickets, and whatever else you would need to be a super fan.

3 comments:

  1. I like the archives and store idea for pages. They're definitely interactive with the readers! You might want to try to bring in Manovich principles into the interactive sections though.. Just a suggestion, but you seem to have a good layout! Also, isn't history part of the intro or am I confused? Maybe I'm just confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what you said, the archives page sounds like just one links page. Are you going to gather different links together? What about combining videos and photos with the archives page? Just thinking out loud. I do like the store idea. The whole site sounds like it's going to be really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherise, Yeah it is so I think I may need to revamp the intro a bit but on the history page I want to focus more on players and coaches and things like that. Adam, I am going to gather together some links and websites but mostly I want to kind of do it blog style that has a few differnt key articles that can be helpful but also a place where they can learn more about it. We'll see, it's still in the works.

    ReplyDelete