Monday, November 5, 2012

breast cancer in 5...4...3...2...

Wow, creating a blog post from a Droid is not as fun as it sounds. This post will be real unfancy, folks. My apologies appear here at the start and nowhere again, so take 'em in as you need 'em. I totally forgot about starting up new blog posts last week and where I did read all your posts, I didn't comment. I've been overwhelmingly under-motivated lately, even to the point where I entertained the idea of changing my topic because I didn't want to think as hard as breast cancer will make me. But I'm sticking to it. For now. I haven't had time for research this weekend, so I won't really flesh out my five pages ideas with factual fodder, but I'll throw the ideas out there. 1 Intro page! To delight and entice and historicize 2 Prevention page! To offer menu and exercise and self-exam tips 3 Survivor page! Showing the stories and advertisements of hope and conquest 4 Cause page! Donation involvement and location of cancer care centers. The "how you can be involved" page. 5 My own experience page! No, I didn't have breast cancer. But I did an experiment last year where I didn't wear a bra for the entire month of November and kept record of my experiences as well as made an effort to visit the huntsman institute in salt lake and get a mock mammogram, etc. I wrote all about it. This page will display my words and photographs. (No you won't get to see my boobs.) Overall my tone will be mostly serious and somewhat light-hearted. As far as color, I'm sure various pinks will appear. Layout, not specifically inspired yet. Anyone out there have awesome ideas for layout/presentation? Interested in seeing what y'all come up with. Thank you for your patience in reading just words.

2 comments:

  1. So, you're pages are good ideas, though I think they're supposed to related to media content on the web concerning your topic, not just informational pages. Maybe I'm a little confused. Good luck with motivating yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherise, as far as I can tell, you are not confused. But that may mean that we are both confused. Emily, I think your topics sound good, as long as there is some sort of media to go along with them. I think your own experience page sounds like a fantastic idea. I'd like to know how you plan on incorporating media into the pages when you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete