Monday, November 5, 2012

Rage Page

So, looking at what I've got on this blog as well as what I usually find while I troll meme oriented websites. I have decided to go with these following four categories: regular comics, other memes, videos, and face definitions.

So, regular comics would just have some normal rage comics in it. There will be a break down of how they work. I'd link Manovich's principle on transcoding. The old media in question are regular strip comics, like those in the news papers. The new media interaction shows the transition into comics on the internets.

Videos will include those that are already on the blog. I will most likely find more. Maybe I'll link a playlist from youtube onto the website. The principle I'll talk about here I think so far is variability. Variability will work here because it is a different kind of media but the same kind of subject.

The next subject I'll tackle will be other memes. Rage comics tend to show up in other memes as a punchline or something similar. While variability would work very well here, I think I'll go with modularity. Because the comics can break down into different memes, they will have a similar feel, but different in forms because the rage comics will only be a part of the punchline.

And lastly, I think a page devoted to some of the more common rage faces will be appropriate. I can show where some of them came from, like the pictures that circulate the internet, and explain what they're supposed to mean. I think that this will help some of them make more sense as well as reference different memes in and of themselves. I don't know which Manovich principle would help here, because I've already used the three that I think will work here. So, if you're looking to comment on something (hint, hint), I could use some help. Are my principles appropriate? And if they are, what should go with my last subject?

1 comment:

  1. I think the Manovich principles you choose will work great! It seems very well thought out. And for the last page, you could try twisting transcoding (I know you're already using it) and applying it to the reader's understanding. But really the page is just an explanation of the different faces so the readers aren't confused. Variability would also work because while it is all the same idea, the faces have different meaning. And maybe I'm just rambling.

    ReplyDelete